Monday, February 11, 2008

I'm Getting Sick of Peanut Butter

I look inside my luchbox,
and, oh, what do I see?
A peanut butter sandwitch
staring glumly back at me.

I know I had one yesterday,
and yes, the day before.
In fact that's all I've eaten
for at least a month or more.

I'm sure tomorrow afternoon
the outlook's just as bleak.
I'll bet I'm having peanut butter
every day this week.

I'm getting sick of peanut butter
sandwiches for lunch.
Why can't I have baloney
or potato chips to munch?

I wish I had lasagna
or a piece of pumpkin pie.
Another day of peanut butter
might just make me cry.

But still this awful sandwich
is in every lunch I take.
You see, it's the only thing
my mom knows how to make!
- Kenn Nesbitt

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's good even though you didn't write it

Hannah said...

daisy that was me hannah

Daisy said...

hiya cool hannah

Joan said...

Hi, Daisy,

I'll bet you can write a poem even cuter than that cute one about peanut butter sandwiches, Daisy!

Hannah said...

hiya

Dandelion said...

Thank you grandma! I simply cant wait to get to see you this summer!

Anonymous said...

what the?a peanut butter sandwhich-get real
i go from blog to blog checking out what they have and this one is very-different